|by Richard Dixon|
Representative of High Victorian Gothic Revival architecture, the building features a barrel vaulted ceiling, curved pews & acoustics that enhance the choir as well as the organ. Robertson Wesley Church is known for hosting musical events and organ recitals of exceptional quality. The name results from the 1925 amalgamation of the Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregationalist Churches into the United Church of Canada. 1971 saw the congregations of Robertson and Wesley United Churches join to become Robertson Wesley. Named after Reverend James Robertson the superintendant of Presbyterian missions for Manitoba and the Northwest Territories from 1881-1902. Located at 10209-123 St., Edmonton.
This drawing will feature the church in 1914 with the Ford Model Ts and As proudly displayed on the street. It will convey the community spirit and optimism of the day as well as the social customs of attending church in what became known as the Sunday best. The image shown is a preliminary concept drawing.